[IRCServices] Next Services version?

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Wed Feb 28 07:31:01 PST 2001

     Thinking about what to do with Services after version 4.5, I have a
question:  Is there any feature that anyone wants in Services that you
absolutely cannot live without for the next 3-4 months?  My current plan
is to start with Services 5.0 development as the successor to 4.5, but
because of the number of changes I have planned for 5.0 (module support,
mail support, etc.), I expect it to be at least 3-4 months before a beta
release is ready.  If there is a significant need for additional features
in the near future, however, I will work on including as many of those as
possible in a 4.6 release, and wait until after that to start work on 5.0
(however, this means 5.0 will be even further delayed).

     Comments?

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org | New address - please note.
    http://achurch.org/ | $B%a!<%k%"%I%l%9$,JQ$o$j$^$7$?!#(B