[IRCServices] Some problems with bans

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Thu Mar 8 12:37:01 PST 2001

>(this could be a little off-topic)
>(running services 4.5.1 on bahamut 1.4.22)

     The most recent version is 4.5.7; please upgrade before reporting
any potential problems.

>We have a channel on our network that has some problems with bans.
>Like, a chanop ban/kick a user but the user is still able to rejoin the
>channel.

     Where exactly does Services come into this?  If a chanop does
/mode +b whatever and that doesn't work, that's either the chanop using
the wrong ban mask or a bug in the ircd, and in either case has nothing
to do with Services.

>While I was looking in services.log I saw lots of
>
>[date/time] channel: MODE #the_channel_with_problems -b
>*!*some at host.here: ban not found

     This puzzles me.  If you can duplicate this problem, please send
me a debug log showing the problem.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org | New address - please note.
    http://achurch.org/ | メールアドレスが変わりました。