[IRCServices] Missing support for some Unreal server messages

Mark Hetherington markh at eurodltd.co.uk
Fri Mar 9 00:34:01 PST 2001

A number of the Unreal server messages are currently unsupported by
services. I guess ideally they need additional code adding to correctly
parse the full message but a set of {"string", NULL} entries in the
messages.c table will provide a quick workaround.

The most common ones I am seeing is when someone uses the VHOST (personal
vhosts supported by the server) or the SETHOST command which it ultimately
maps to. Also the SETIDENT command is unsupported:

e.g. unknown message from server (:nickname SETHOST new.host.here)

This is temporarily addressed by adding e.g. {"SETHOST", NULL},{"SETIDENT",
NULL},

If it would be helpful and acceptable to Andrew, I am quite happy to run
through and locate these commands and submit suitable table entries and
parsing code for inclusion in the next release of services.

Mark Hetherington.
CTCP Networks.