[IRCServices] A discussion on the contents of the todo file

Imran Ali Rashid u970042 at giki.edu.pk
Sun Mar 18 18:33:01 PST 2001

> > Warning: this is a LONG email.
>
> Reply won't be quite as long -- don't worry. ;)

:)
I've just mentioned the important parts, and snipped all that we're in agreement with
:)

> >  > ** Warn about being kicked off after N password failures
> >  Has there been a discussion on this?
> I'm not sure if there was, but I don't see the point of a warning -- if
> all you're going to do is kill them, no user intent on cracking a
> password is going to care all that much.

I'd put the warning in the help text. Since the person (assuming a geniune case)
is gonna have to disconnect and reconnect anyways to authenticate.

> >  > OS REHASH command
>
> I thought rehash was already added .........

Nope. At least I haven't run ver 4.5.7, just copied the todo file. I'm still on 4.4.8
right now and it doesn't have it. You sure you arent confusing it with the sigusr2 put
in for the log file?

> >  > MS MemoServ IGNORE {ADD,DEL,LIST}
> >
> >  to help against this and cases of memo flooding, a
> >  command may be put in to get rid of the memos of a
> >  certain nick.
>
> Or by being able to ignore a hostmask, maybe ....... it'd make things
> more difficult for the flooder, at least.

This is a better idea... comments Andrew?