[IRCServices] A discussion on the contents of the todo file

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Mar 18 23:56:02 PST 2001

Hello;

On Sun, 18 Mar 2001, Imran Ali Rashid wrote:

> Warning: this is a LONG email.

OK.

> > CS NOBANS channel option

I have to admit, this option is actually an idea resulted from the nobans
command I had added to ircservices. That command is specific to the
version of Bahamut we are running. It works this way:
/cs nobans #channel, and the result is, that services places a ban
exception to *!*@* (mode +e), to override any available bans.
The idea of this option will possibly be combined with the support for +e

> > ** "Blacklist" of evil users to prevent them from getting +o/+v
>
> Isn't this already there ala access list autodeop. set the nojoin level to -2 and use this at -1.
> As far as novoice goes, it could be added the same way autodeop is there.

I also do not think that blacklist is a has-to-exist option.

> > ** Warn about being kicked off after N password failures
>
> Why not put this in the help message? You could also send it after N-1 tries.
> Has there been a discussion on this?

I think, the text already states, that it will be put into the help
message.

> > ** Use an easily-parsable log format (eg: <time> CS REG #chan Founder)

The current format is not bad, but the given format is easier to parse, I
guess, and also easier to recover from, if something goes wrong.

> > OS REHASH command

Aye aye!, as if it were that easy. Imagine, you change OperServ's
nickname, and see what happens, after rehash.

> > CS SET REVENGE (reverses ban, etc. set by lower level user on higher,
>   and optionally deops/kicks/bans lower level user)

I also do not see why this magickal feature might be considered.

> > NS SET INFO to set an info line for INFO command (like channel descs)

Will possibly be very helpful.

> >NS Show services oper/admin/root status in INFO

This can possibly get combined with the option making oper/admin list
commands available to everyone.

> > MS MemoServ IGNORE {ADD,DEL,LIST}
>
> If a person wants to irritate you and u put him on ignore, whats to stop them from getting another nick and sending
> another memo? to help against this and cases of memo flooding, a command may be put in to get rid of the memos of a
> certain nick.

Beg your pardon, but these two sentences make no sense ? The second is a
pro for the ignore command, and the first is a con ?

> > ** Add a way to send OperServ (and other?) commands from the shell

A telnet session from localhost, with login of servicesroot, and its
password sounds nice, but I do not see any usage in this.

> > ** Services log channel
> Was there a recent discussion on this?

Will you start one ? :-)

Yusuf Iskenderoglu  ***  eMail uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de