[IRCServices] Re: [Imran Ali Rashid - IRCServices] Suggestion

Strider strider at chatcircuit.com
Mon Mar 19 16:43:18 PST 2001

The parallel db sounds good, but the only way I can see that working well
would require a small network and/or a lot of admins. Unless you make it to
where once set, it never ever changes. Another problem arrises though with
this. If the email is to never change if the nick is taken over, that would
me not changing even when the nick is dropped. This could cause problems
with nicks that are dropped by the right person (either the owner or oper)
and someone down the road wants to use the nick. On a small network such as
mine this probably isn't a big problem, but if you have a large network with
many registrations in a day, then it could be difficult to keep up with.

Beau (Strider) Steward
chatcircuit administrator and 6bit band member
strider at chatcircuit.com        www.chatcircuit.com
ircadmin at chatcircuit.com     irc.chatcircuit.com
strider at 6bit.net                    www.6bit.net