[IRCServices] Bug Report, forbidden channel dropped by founder

Imran Ali Rashid u970042 at giki.edu.pk
Thu Mar 22 08:37:01 PST 2001

> >Normal behaviour for a forbidden channel disallows a forbidden channel to be dropped.
> >However, some circumstances might be arranged via which even if a channel is forbidden,
> >the person who is the founder may drop the channel.
>
>      Found and fixed--thanks for the report.  The problem is this line:
>
> if (!is_servadmin & (ci->flags & CI_VERBOTEN))
>
> where the first & should of course be an && (the test as written is
> always false because CI_VERBOTEN is not 1).  Note that this can only
> occur if the user trying to drop the channel is identified to the
> channel before the forbid takes place.

Note that this is not correct. The user doesn't have to be identified for the channel.
Check the 3rd, 4th and 5th Scenario.

The user Plain_Genius has identified to nickserv. This means that when he is set
as founder of #test, he is recognized as such, and can drop the channel, without
identifying to chanserv. At least in this particular circumstance, and maybe normally
also. He drops the channel without identifying to chanserv. I know because I did it
that way, and it would have been in the log besides. :-)

The relevant portion from the 3rd scenario to show this is:

[Mar 22 03:31:10 2001] ChanServ: Channel #test registered by Car`a`carn!genius at genius.hostel1.giki.edu.pk
[Mar 22 03:31:20 2001] ChanServ: Changing founder of #test to Plain_Genius by
Car`a`carn!genius at genius.hostel1.giki.edu.pk
[Mar 22 03:31:27 2001] ChanServ: Super_Genius set FORBID for channel #test
[Mar 22 03:31:32 2001] ChanServ: Channel #test dropped by Plain_Genius!u970042 at genius.hostel1.giki.edu.pk