AW: [IRCServices] StartUp problems

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Mar 24 10:44:01 PST 2001

Hello;

I think, you are misunderstanding the text "SERVICE" as defined on ircd2.9 and later.

It has nothing to do with the ircservices you try to run. Additionally, ircservices
will also not be able to run with ircd2.9 and later.

The term "SERVICE" on ircnet's servers means a special type CLIENT (and not SERVER,
but ircservices operates as a server), which is granted additional privileges like
seeing user connects, kills, or whatever. On ircnet this feature is used to run
kline services, for there is no global kline. Or services like noteserv.

Ircservices is a software, using wich, users are permitted to register nicknames and
channels, and also, the daemon ircservices is connected to, has to allow MODE changes
from services.

I think, ircd2.9 would also allow a server changing modes, but the reality is, that the
protocol 2.9 uses differs heavily from the older one (NJOIN for example)
Any SERVICE, which is defined thru an S:Line is only talked to via the "SQUERY" command,
and this would also be unknown to ircservices.

I suggest you to have a look at Bahamut 1.4.23, which is currently the newest release
(Yes, 1.4.23 is out) http://bahamut.dal.net is the appropriate address.

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de  | in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |