[IRCServices] Suggestions and Bug Report

k k ircservices at vietmedia.com
Wed Mar 28 06:28:00 PST 2001

Hello,

Suggestions First:

    -1- Program to have nickserv autochange nick with /ns identify
password [Nick]    -   If a nick is stuck and joining back with another
nick, I can provide a single command that will act as a combination
between Ghost and Identify   -  /ns identify password MyNick    If I
provide the second parameter for the nick,  then see if MyNick and
Password match, if matched kill MyNick which is currently online and
change MyNickAlt to MyNick and being identified of course w/o having to
identify again.

    -2-  Have services save the last GuestXXX that was used if it's not
approaching 4B mark, so that if you restart services for some reasons,
services won't try to change registered nicknames to the same GuestXXX
that was change before services restarted.   Example: if my nick was
changed to Guest0  then restart services, services will attempt to
change someone else to Guest0 and person will get collided ;)

Bug:

   -- Using /ns drop nickname or /msg nickserv drop nickname   Will
occasionally kill services with "Segmentation Fault PANIC! buffer".
Generic IRC server with services running version 4.5.8

Regards,

KN