AW: [IRCServices] Problem 4.5.10 and UnrealIRCD Darkshades

Yusuf Iskenderoglu iskend at teco.edu
Tue Apr 3 11:16:01 PDT 2001

Do start a debug mode, and see what the ircd is sending right in the
beginning of the connect.

If it sends the so called SJOIN3 (how many types of sjoins do this
daemon need ?), services' source needs to be modified to send a
SJOIN3 in the connect time by send_server...

On the other hand, it is a very big mistery in my opinion, that
the ircd does not comply with daemons, that do not send a SJOIN3.
The ircd should have noticed in it's m_protoctl implementation
that the remote cannot do SJOIN3, so work with it as a non-sjoin3
daemon.

But it looks like, that unreal in that case does send a JOIN but
not the necessary MODE.

Maybe we can call this a both-sided-mistake.

regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de  | in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |