AW: [IRCServices] Services Suggestion(s)

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Apr 9 11:38:01 PDT 2001

Hello;

> a) a getpass-like command (sendpass?) that emails the user their password
> (email program probably setup during services configuration/compilation)

Please read the TODO file.

> b) a 'operserv level' option in the services.conf for commands
> like getpass,
> maybe using levels like 1,2,3 for oper, admin, root -- some way that one
> would restrict certain commands (such as not allowing service opers to
> retrieve plain passwords.)

The commands are already level'ed to global operator, services operator,
services admin, services root.
If you want to move a command to somewhere else, open the operserv.c and
change functions like is_services_admin to is_services_oper right in the
command table of operserv.

> c) the ability to create additional names for the same bot, while keeping
> the *serv's for compatibility. (i was thinking along the lines of just
> having cooler-sounding names for bots when in channels)

Additional names will require additional NICKs sent to the network. Otherwise
you cannot make the ircd know that a certain recipient is from services.
And I do not see the need of filling the services server with more nicks.

> d) a services command to create bot aliases (like /operserv alias add
> chanserv TheBouncer ident name email host at mask) that also updates existing
> aliases. This command could include the ability to create the
> user with all
> forms of identification visible to the user, such as nick, ident, name,
> email, and hostmask.

What is that email field ? Where does a service pseudoclient use an email ?
Where is it being shown ?
When you give ident, there is no need to re-give it via ident at host anyway.

> e) a services command to remove bot aliases (like /operserv alias del
> TheBouncer)
> f) an additional option with chanserv 'set join' to pick the name of a
> chanserv alias to join.

That will not be done. You may look into services mailing list archive
and to the README file, why.

> g) a services command to force an alias to join a channel (i know this can
> be done with raws, but a command would be nicer)

Ought not be done for the same reason.

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de  | in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |