[IRCServices] Bots

ben at desync.com ben at desync.com
Tue Apr 10 23:01:02 PDT 2001

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 03:01:08PM -0500, Listener wrote:
> I know I read a way to get "fake" users to be on the network. I cannot
> remember the exact syntax for this though. Some operserv raw command though.
> I believe it was from this list that I saw it, but it was before it moved to
> the new domain. I browsed the archive, but did not notice a topic with bots
> in it. Any help would be appreciated.

The command you're thinking of looks like this for Hybrid-based networks:

or for dreamforge-based ircds, like Unreal and Cyclone:

I'm sure you've heard the warnings, but extensive use of this will most likely result in you having to restart services.

--
[ ben wilber :: ben at desync.com ]
[  desync networks / inside3d  ]