AW: [IRCServices] Suggestions

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Apr 19 23:18:00 PDT 2001

Hello;

That is in my opinion an ircd issue:

If you use bahamut, and have little coding abilities, you may do that
personally. In the file s_user.c is a function called register_user
During this function, the new connection is checked via existing
autokills or klines. If one of them match the person, some text is sent
to this, saying, You are banned from this network, etc...

One of those lines is the following:

sendto_one(sptr, ":%s NOTICE %s :*** %s for %s",
			me.name, sptr->name, ktype, reason);

If you want the user to see, which autokill host is being matched
against them, you modify best this line to the following:

sendto_one(sptr, ":%s NOTICE %s :*** %s for %s (Mask %s@%s is matching against you)",
        		me.name, sptr->name, ktype, reason,
			(aconf->name ? aconf->name : "*"),
			(aconf->host ? aconf->host : "*"));

Maybe you may think of writing to the coders of your ircd an email
stating this problematic.

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de  | in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |