[IRCServices] Thanks for help (specially Andrew, Craig, Josh and Yusuf) and ...

QKIDAMON qkisoft at teleline.es
Mon Apr 23 11:25:02 PDT 2001

   Thanks again for your help. Everything seems to be OK with ChanServ now.

   Unfortunely, my relationship with IRC seems to be a continous
obstacle race. Once i solve a problem, another is just arriving.

   Why NickServ doesn't executes the action configured (nick change or
kill) when password for a nick is not given in time ?

   Let me give you an example por this  :

       I have a registered nick with options set to :  Kill protection =
QUICK , Secure = ON,  Private = ON

       and defined NickServ specific lines in my services.conf are :

                                    NSDefKillQuick

                                    NSDefSecure

                                    NSDefPrivate

                                    NSDefHideEmail

                                    NSDefMemoSignon

                                    NSDefMemoReceive

                                    NSRegDelay.  15s

                                    NSRequireEmail

                                    NSExpire.  150d

                                    NSSuspendExpire  25d 5d

                                    NSAccessMax.  32

                                    NSEnforcerUser.  enforcer

                                    NSReleaseTimeout  1m

                                    NSMaxLinkDepth  3

                                    NSDisableLinkCommand

                                    NSListOpersOnly

                                    NSListMax. 100

                                    NSForceNickChange

                                    NSGuestNickPrefix.  "Invit"

                                    NSSecureAdmins

       Well, NickServ asks me for a password but doesn't make any action
if i don't give a password before defined time expires.

       I have no idea about what in hell is going wrong.

       Perhaps ... Do i need O or/and S lines for my services
pseudoclients in my ircd.conf ?

       Another question is ... Why MIRC shows all services output over
the status window ?
        I don't want this anyway. It doesn't happen with other irc
clients (e.g. KSirc opens a private window to any service i interact to).

       Thank a lot again.
       I'll be waiting your suggestions.
       Bye from Spain.                                            QKISOFT