[IRCServices] About nickname links too...

Partizanu silvius at expres.ro
Thu May 3 16:47:01 PDT 2001

This is a little wierd for me...tell me if I'm wrong...

Scenario:
We have 2 users, let`s say A and B.

User B links his name to user A.

First wierd thing: when identify as A and requesting "/nickserv info A
all", there is no warning that nick B is linked to A.

Let's say I just know that B is linked to me and I want to
remove(unlink) it.

Still identified as A, I do "/msg nickserv unlink B <password>".

Woops! Wierd thing no. 2: I need to know B's password. But what if B was
an abuser and he linked his nick to mine without tellin` me that? What
can I do? I must find a services admin willing to help.

Conclusions (or suggestions):
1) Put an info in "/nickserv info all" about linked nicks
2) Any user who is identified for a nick must me able to unlink any
nicks linked to his/her nick

Hope my English&idea were clear,
Partizanu