[IRCServices] /notice??

Bryan Clark bclark at bclark.yi.org
Wed May 9 03:48:00 PDT 2001

On Tue, 8 May 2001 21:28:54 -0400, ViPeR said:

[Regarding the ability to specify a nick in /nickserv identify]

> The idea
> could work, but its a long way from the current IRCServices setup

Well, not as far off as you might think, if you think about how services
keeps track of channels a user has identified for .....

> and would
> go more toward the idea of no access list for nicks, and nicks would
become
> more like logins. (ie the stuff Andrew discussed about version 5)

For the record, I see access lists as a mixed blessing -- great if you
know how to use them, but a real pain if you have a lot of people who
think *@* is a nice thing to put in there. :P I think someone suggested
earlier that they be optional; that's probably the way to go.