[IRCServices] Changing IRCD's

Bryan Clark bclark at bclark.yi.org
Sat May 12 01:55:01 PDT 2001

On Fri, 11 May 2001 23:51:35 +0200, Michael Smith said:

> I know that services needs to be recompiled for the new IRCD, but I am
just
> concerned that there might be some kind of change in the databases, due
> the different ircds.

The services databases are all ircd-independent as far as I know,
*except* in the case where the new ircd doesn't support nicks as long as
the old one (i.e. you have to reduce the value of NICKMAX). That's the
only case I can think of that might cause problems (but that's not an
issue going from DF to Bahamut) .........