[IRCServices] ircd2.10.3 says old version

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri May 18 10:39:02 PDT 2001

Hello;

This question comes simply too often. If you had read the README,
you would have noticed:

     Services was originally designed for use with versions of the
DALnet
IRC server implementation (ircd.dal) through 4.4.13.  Currently,
Services
interoperates with the following IRC servers:
          ircd-2.8.x (or any RFC1459-compliant server)
          ircd-2.8.x+TS8
          ircu 2.9.x
          ircd.dal 4.4.x
          ircd.dal 4.6.x (Dreamforge)
          Bahamut 1.4.23 and later
          Unreal 3.1.1

There is NO compatibility with ircd-2.9.x or later. Services cannot
be run with that ircd. It uses a totally different, non timestamp
protocol with its own extensions. (4 additional RFCs are defined for
that.)
The context SERVICE, defined via a S:Line does not have anything to
do with IrcServices.

Adviseable is the usage of Bahamut (http://bahamut.dal.net)
of version 1.4.24

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de  | in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |