[IRCServices] Services Akill ID

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri May 18 23:13:02 PDT 2001

Hello;

I still THINK that this is an IRCD issue, that YOU can solve WITHOUT
creating a
ID system, the way I described a few weeks ago:

If you use bahamut, and have little coding abilities, you may do that
personally. In the file s_user.c is a function called register_user
During this function, the new connection is checked via existing
autokills or klines. If one of them match the person, some text is sent
to this, saying, You are banned from this network, etc...

One of those lines is the following:

sendto_one(sptr, ":%s NOTICE %s :*** %s for %s",
			me.name, sptr->name, ktype, reason);

If you want the user to see, which autokill host is being matched
against them, you modify best this line to the following:

sendto_one(sptr, ":%s NOTICE %s :*** %s for %s (Mask %s@%s is matching
against you)",
        		me.name, sptr->name, ktype, reason,
			(aconf->name ? aconf->name : "*"),
			(aconf->host ? aconf->host : "*"));

If you do consider this change, the person who is autokilled, will
receive at akill time
a notice saying:

*** Autokilled for Abuse. (Mask *@*.domain.com is matching against you)

They may then email the text *@*.domain.com to you, and you can remove
that akill easily.

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de  | in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |