[IRCServices] Services Akill ID

Michael Smith mike at chat.za.net
Sat May 19 13:03:01 PDT 2001

This sounds like a nice idea :)

Might be better to have part of the ID as like the first 3 letters of the
opers nick, and the rest, part of the date?

ie

Say Beast adds an akill for someone on the 20/05/2001

Your ID would be - BEA-01-20052001

Being the first akill that beast added that day?

OR am I being overly complicated here?

Mike

At 08:16 PM 01/05/19 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I was wondering if anyone could send me code to paste into ircservices, to
add an Akill ID, my opers are obvioulsy lazy and dont take the time to add
[Akill ID -] at the end of the akill, due to having to ban fast, this would
be great as a Services Issue, and Yusuf, NO, it is not a client OR ircd
issue.  Mostly just a random number would be GREAT, with maybe Akill ID-
text beside it.

>This ends up with me being e-mailed with 20 e-mails a day asking to be
unbanned.. i dont have the persons host , there could be 6 similar ones, so
we use Akill ID's to give people unique akills, which helps a lot.

>Kevc978
>NetWork Founder
>Irc.DarkServ.Net

><HTML><HEAD>
><META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
><META content="MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
><BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
><DIV><FONT size=2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2>I was wondering if anyone could send me code to paste into
>ircservices, to add an Akill ID, my opers are obvioulsy lazy and dont take the
>time to add [Akill ID -] at the end of the akill, due to having to ban fast,
>this would be great as a Services Issue, and Yusuf, NO, it is not a client OR
>ircd issue.&nbsp; Mostly just a random number would be GREAT, with maybe Akill
>ID- text beside it.</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2>This ends up with me being e-mailed with 20 e-mails a day
>asking to be unbanned.. i dont have the persons host , there could be 6
similar
>ones, so we use Akill ID's to give people unique akills, which helps a
>lot.</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV>Kevc978<BR>NetWork Founder<BR>Irc.DarkServ.Net</DIV>
><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

---
Michael Smith (Warlock on IRC)
http://www.warlock.web.za
 "Do you smell something burning or is it me?"
                -- Joan of Arc