[IRCServices] ircservices bugs-cosmetic fixes

Scott Grayban sgrayban at borgdrone.net
Tue May 29 10:37:11 PDT 2001

First off I will clairify a few thing's here so please read down.

| > | Hello;
| > | It looks like, as if you are using Unreal Ircd.
| >
| > Yes i am

| > |
| > | Yes it could have been, but the m_topic implementation of Unreal
| > | makes this impossible. If ChanServ tried to set the topic, the
| > | ircd would not allow it that, so the solution with the services
| > | server setting it.
| >
| > but in the old versions before andy took the services project over again i
| do believe it was correct
|
| Correction, the old unrealircd use to. Changes in unreal 3.1 and above
| prevents chanserv from setting the topic. Services doesn't have the problem,
| unreal does.

Thats fine -- I can re-code that section.

| > |
| > |
| > | In order to register you need op. Obviously you are an operator.
| > | Why should ChanServ resend an existing mode ?
| >
| > only cosmetic suggestion
| >

| Really, what's the point in setting mode +o on a user that is already +o in
| that channel? That's like buying a brand new car and going straight to the
| detail shop to have it washed and waxed, it's a waste of time and really no
| point.

Now this was nothing more then a suggestion. But since I really got hammered for it in other replies.....
How could one extra +o be that much of a waste of bandwith? And second I believe that almost every large net
does have there services set +o to the first op joining a channel they have op's in.

Scott Grayban
sgrayban at NOSPAM.borgdrone.net

Without life there is no life.
Support GreenPeace - Stop the slaughter.

Support anti-Spam legislation.
Join the fight http://www.cauce.org/

"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares
 that it is his duty." George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Visit BORGnet Hosting
Cheap NT hosting starting at $5.95
Virtual Domain's (IP less)
http://www.borgdrone.net