[IRCServices] Services 4.5.22 released

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Thu Aug 2 06:11:00 PDT 2001

     Services 4.5.22 has been released, and can be downloaded from:

ftp://ftp.esper.net/ircservices/ircservices-4.5.22.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.esper.net/ircservices/ircservices-4.5.22.diff.gz

ftp.ircservices.za.net and the mirrors should have it shortly.

     This release fixes a couple of minor bugs, including one that would
cause a "nick expires shortly" message to always be sent if Services was
configured not to expire nicknames, and adds support to import-db for
databases from the Wrecked and IRCS programs as well as expanding support
for the Sirv and Epona programs.

     This release also corrects a non-ANSI expression which caused GCC 3.0
to produce incorrect code.  However (as noted in the README in this
release), I have not tested GCC 3.0 to see whether there are any other
problems, and I have heard rumors that it does not read and write
structures correctly, which would at the least cause errors in import-db
and in loading pre-v3 databases; if you need stability, I would recommend
staying away from GCC 3.0 for the time being.

Changes in version 4.5.22
-------------------------
2001/08/02	Expanded import-db Epona support to support versions 1.3.0
		    through 1.4.0.
2001/08/02	Expanded import-db SirvNET support to support all versions.
2001/07/31	Fixed bug converting news database from Daylight.
2001/07/30	Added support for Wrecked IRC Services 1.2.0 databases to
		    import-db.  Suggested by Jamie Smithson
		    <jamie at silverdream.org.uk>
2001/07/29	Fixed bug in import-db causing conversion to fail if there
		    were no .db files already in place.
2001/07/28	Added support for IRCS 1.2 databases to import-db.
		    Suggested by <todd at happyempire.com>
2001/07/17	Fixed a minor logic bug that could cause newlines at the
		    was sent.
2001/07/16	Fixed bug causing "nick expires soon" messages to be sent
		    even when nick expiration is disabled.  Reported by
		    John Edrington <jledring at oakland.edu>
2001/07/15	Fixed problem compiling with GCC 3.0 (non-ANSI expression).
		    Reported by <dreamer at darkness.gr>
2001/07/11	Updated Spanish language file, courtesy of
		    <RealCFC at chatfirst.com>

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/