[IRCServices] A ilttle suggestion for set mlock

Ekim Engin EEngin at t-online.de
Sat Aug 4 05:05:00 PDT 2001

Hi again,
well i am not quite sure if this really is that confusing. I am
compleatly against changing the current behavior due to backwards (and
thus script) compatibility. But as s.o. using services myself, and
having enough ppl. on #help channels ask about this. I found out, that a
modify function is quite easier to explain to them as letting them do an
ns info (or doing it myself) and explainng that they have to take this
modes
And modfiy them theirselfs. IRC has become a plave where memorizing
isused to learn things, not understanding or thinking :( ))

Well i am using the following simple function change myself:

--- snip chanserv.c - line: 1943 ---
static void do_set_mlock(User *u, ChannelInfo *ci, char *param)
{
    char *s, modebuf[32], *end, c;
    int add = -1;	/* 1 if adding, 0 if deleting, -1 if neither */
    int32 newlock_on = 0, newlock_off = 0, newlock_limit = 0;
    char *newlock_key = NULL;

    while (*param) {
	if (*param != '+' && *param != '-' && *param != '=' && add < 0)
{
	    param++;
	    continue;
	}
	switch ((c = *param++)) {
	  case '+':
	    add = 1;
	    break;
	  case '-':
	    add = 0;
	    break;
        case '=':
	    if (add == -1) {
		newlock_on = ci->mlock_on;
		newlock_off = ci->mlock_off;
	    }
          break;
    	  case 'k':
--- snip ---

This fullfils my needs for using = to modify and +,- as usual to set the
modes..
But sure its up to you...

Greets
Ekim