[IRCServices] 5.0 release timeframe (was Re: is_voiced has a typo)

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Sun Aug 5 11:46:00 PDT 2001

>speaking of 5.0... is there like a release date for it or a beta of it?

     I try not to give dates because I can't predict how much time I'll be
able to spend on it (which is inversely related to how busy my job is), but
I'm hoping to get a final release out early next year.  The beta version
will be out before then, obviously. (:  I'm anticipating a beta test period
of 2-3 months, so that would put the beta release late this year.

     But again, none of this should be taken as anything more than guesses.
I may not make this schedule, or I may get lucky and be able to release
earlier.  Patience is the key.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/