[IRCServices] Simple E-mail Integration.

Andy Smith grifferz at blitzed.org
Sat Aug 11 16:32:01 PDT 2001

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 12:25:18AM -0400, Jason at GCN wrote:
> I have an idea for intergating e-mail accounts with serverices, but I am not
>
> experienced in UNIX or C programming to do it on my own.

Well it's a bit of an exotic modification, I do not think you will
find a way to do it that satisfies all people.

> I was thinking, when a user registers a screen name, could
> services create a pop account with an exisitng mail server running
> on that computer?  how hard would this be to program into
> services?

Pretty trivia once you have written a shell script to create the
accounts.  But you'd have to be very concerned about security.  Also
what will you do when nicks are linked, expired or dropped?

--
The Blitzed IRC Network, http://www.blitzed.org

<DjTrAnCeMoNkEy> whats worng with cheap vodka
<DjTrAnCeMoNkEy> other than that expensive vodka is better