[IRCServices] Memo Status

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Tue Aug 14 08:32:00 PDT 2001

>I have a feeling this idea was tossed around about a year ago. If I remember
>correctly, it was decided that is was not practicle since it requires doing
>a walk of every nicknames's memo list looking for your unread memos.
>Thinking about it again, having to keep a list of every memo sent by a user
>is going to waste memory.
>
>Imho, it's not something that can be implemented neatly and efficiently at
>the moment. However, Andy may want to comment.

     Having had the experience of using IP Messenger (a Japanese LAN-based
IM tool that allows finding out when your messages have been read), I do
recognize the usefulness of knowing whether/when memos have been seen by
their recipients, but as above, it's not necessarily an easy task.  If I
do come up with a good way to do it I'll think about implementing it for
5.0.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/