[IRCServices] Problem with .24?

Thomas J. Stensås ShadowMaster at Shadow-Realm.org
Tue Aug 14 08:49:00 PDT 2001

> install -m 700 services "/home/sfi-irc/newircd//services"
> install: cannot create regular file `/home/sfi-irc/newircd//services':

Greets.

Just my 2cents here, and im no expert on unix systems so dont hold me up for
this.

Run configure and do not place a / after the services bin and data
directories. Most systems ive seen will not allow you to have directory's
with a / as the first character (Notice the double slash in the error) which
occurs since services will append a / (or prefix depending on how you look at
it) automatically when attempting to install.

</tired rant>
--
Yours Sincerely

Thomas Juberg Stensås