[IRCServices] Questions from a newbie

Lonewolf lonewolf at lagnet.org.za
Tue Aug 14 10:45:00 PDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 05:16:03AM -0200, Wouter de Waal wrote:
> Why the difference, registered vs identified?
This is because they're two different versions of the ircd.  DALnet's
old DreamForce uses "registered" and the newer Bahamut uses
"identified".  The latter makes more sense, but otherwise doesn't make
any technical difference.

> Also, shouldn't the server kick me off if I'm using a registered
> nick and I don't identify with the correct password?
Only if that nickname has "kill" protection enabled.

> Next question, r.e. chanserv. I now have the channels that I want
> registered, how do I stop ppl from creating any other channels? I
> only want the channels on there that I created, obviously I want
> other channels killed with a nice error message.
You'll have to fiddle with the source code to get it to do that.

lonewolf at lagnet.org.za