[IRCServices] Services 4.5.25 released

Daniel P. Stasinski mooooooo at avenues.org
Wed Sep 5 15:42:00 PDT 2001

 > No.  As stated in config.h, if you change NICKMAX you
 > will no longer be able to use your old databases.  There
 > is no way to convert them; you'll have to start over with
 > empty databases.

What I ended up doing was modifying the nick/chan db save
functions to write longer nicks to the db file, then forced a
save.   Recompiled with the default sizes and when it restarted,
all was fine.

Right after doing it, I remembered the patch I made when I ported
ircservices for NewNet many years back.   To import their older
database, I added the ability to import/export all db's to flat
ASCII text files.

Daniel