[IRCServices] Help! Notice -- Link [unknown@ip.address] dropped, no N: line

WillyB willyb at maniawaste.net
Sat Sep 29 16:36:01 PDT 2001

Hello,

I have ircservices-4.5.27 on bahamut-1.4.29-release.

I have C and N lines in ircd.conf

I took out the port number in the C line as per the FAQ.

I restart the ircd after trying to fix the C/N lines and when I ./services
-debug -debug -debug -debug
the server sends this in the mIRC Status window:

  -irc.maniawaste.net- *** Notice -- Link [unknown at 66.12.219.101] dropped,
no N: line

I get this in the log file:
unknown message from server (ERROR :Closing Link: 0.0.0.0 (NO N line)

The last line in the log file says this:
irc.maniawaste.net SQUIT irc.maniawaste.net :Read error from server: Success

My N line is obviously not right but I have tried crypted password, non
crypted password, everything I can think of and get the same errors.

I compiled the ircservices with the 23 server option (for Bahamut 1.4.23 or
later).  On Red Hat Linux 2.2.16-3

I must be missing something while reading the Install files,
example.ircdconfig file and FAQ's :/

Any insight or help will be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!

WillyB