AW: [IRCServices] Two small things...

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Oct 24 00:09:01 PDT 2001

Hello;

> Firstly, I might be mistaken here... But didn't services at some stage
> had a feature to rotate and cycle the log files??  I believe
> the command
> was (OS) 'recycle' or 'rotate' ?

The ROTATELOG command was removed in favor of the
kill -USR2 `cat services.pid`
alternative, which causes services to close and reopen its logfile.
You can combine this with a move, rename and kill...

> HOWEVER, if this
> is the case, shouldn't MergeChannelModes only come into a
> affect AFTER a
> netsplit has accured, or am I misunderstanding the directive,
> in that it
> will keep all channel change requests in a "queue" type
> fashion for the
> ammount of time specified in the configuration?

MergeChannelModes is running always, if defined, and not only on
netsplits. So it is also responsible for the wanted delay in
chanserv setting modes, for there could be more mode changes than
one, and this makes services combine them into one single line.

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de| in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |