AW: [IRCServices] +h user mode to help channel ops

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Nov 1 13:02:00 PST 2001

> There are only a couple of modes that services sets on users.
>  Are you suggesting that services has a list of "helpers" and
> when they identify for their nicks it uses some form of
> SVSMODE to set them +h with no choice on their part?

I think, he suggests services to set aops/sops of the defined
#help channel (which therefore should be set via services.conf)
via SVSMODE to +h.

This way, newbies joining this channel might do /whois and
detect who could be an helper, and who is not an helper, and to
directly answer the correct person.

Even if this might be thought this way, it would be a ircd specific
issue, since only dreamforge clones still have umode +h to define
an helper. (wasn't it :looks very helpful ? ;-))

Bahamut has umode +h, which means "ready to help", but is active
only via /stats P. In the current revision of the ircd I write,
this behaves the same, in the next, there will no longer be this
umode.

Conclusion: If the version 5.0 does not bring a way to have such
ircd specific extensions, I do not see any reason to include this
in the current source tree. People, who are interested in this
should implement it themselves.

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de| in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |