[IRCServices] Short question (add)

Ben Goldstein beng at nc.rr.com
Sun Nov 4 21:21:00 PST 2001

In my opinion, this is something that should have been included in earlier
versions.. maybe it was overlooked?

DALnet services sends numeric 433: mynick Nickname is registered to someone
else.
Some clients pick this up as ircd's 433 ERR_NICKNAMEINUSE and will switch to
the client's alternate nick.

Sending the numeric is also a way to get scripts to legally identify to
NickServ (if you must do this), other than replying to a notice, which
actually does break the RFC.

-- Ben Goldstein