[IRCServices] Services 4.5.30 released

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Tue Nov 6 07:11:01 PST 2001

>on my network and on most i've been on that use unreal... there is the AKILL list and the gline list... which are two totally seperate lists... the gline is for opers to use and the AKILL list is for csops+ to use to set like broad bans and stuff... but f
>orcing the 2 to be synced kinda takes power away from the opers seeing how they can't gline anyone because services will just unset it...

     To be honest, I see no reason to keep the two separate since they do
exactly the same thing (if you let any oper use /gline then you're already
circumventing Services' access protection on the AKILL command).  It would
seem appropriate to let opers use /kline etc. for a single server, which is
on a smaller scale than autokills/G:lines and doesn't involve Services.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/