[IRCServices] AKILL on * has expired

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Mon Nov 12 00:34:00 PST 2001

>I apologize if this has been covered here before; I don't recall seeing it
>mentioned.  I am noticing the following message show up a lot:
>
>*** Global -- from OperServ: AKILL on * has expired
>
>Nobody has akilled *, so I'm wondering if anyone might know what this is
>exactly?  My only guess is that it may have something to do with the timed
>akills set by the other U:lined server on the network (we have a secondary
>U:lined server that sets akills on common drone/floodbot nicks, open SOCKS
>and HTTP proxies, etc) and maybe the * is from the ident parameter of the
>akill.  As far as I can remember, I only recall seeing these messages
>after upgrading from 4.5.24 to 4.5.29.

     About the only thing that has changed in this area recently is that
autokills are now checked for expiration if they match a user logging on
before the user is actually killed, but you still shouldn't see that
message unless there really was an autokill for "*" in the first place.
Can anyone else reproduce this?