[IRCServices] 5.0 Request/idea

Headbang headbang at silverserver.nl
Mon Nov 12 17:48:00 PST 2001

Andrew Church wrote:

>>Hello,
>>
>>I havent seen this request drive by or seen it in TODO list but is there
>>a possibilaty you can do something like /msg operserv schedule downtime
>>and that it does a global like 8 hours in front then 2 hours in front 1
>>hour and 15 minutes so people can see that the server is going down.
>>

>     Use logon news for that.
>

>><chip chip>

People dont always read logon news and when they do they dont activaly
see it.
when you have timed messages which go around 4 times or something people
start noticing.
and i said it _could_ be possible to make the ircd to that i never said
it was a services function it was just an idea i have of how you could
use the services function.

Melle Visser
Headbang

Admin UzayNet