[IRCServices] Paradigm question

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Tue Dec 4 03:45:00 PST 2001

>What is the paradigm behind having one founder and one services root? one
             ^^^^^^^^
     If you mean "reason", it's just simplicity.  Founders and roots are
both special cases, and special cases take special handling, which makes
the program more complex.  In both cases, other users can gain those
privileges using passwords (CS IDENTIFY or OS SU), so I don't see any real
need for the extra handling which would be needed to allow multiple such
users (and it would hurt maintainability [is that the right word?] too).

>founder sounds complicated but more than one SRA sounds like an easy
>thing.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/