[IRCServices] Wrong user count error

Bryan Clark bclark at furless.sytes.net
Fri Dec 21 05:53:00 PST 2001

thebeast wrote:

> Hello Andrew
>
> about the wrong user count error reported for the first time in the
> mailinglist at Fri Nov 30
> i have found out that wen a user is leaving or is helped leaving
> the irc server with /msg operserv raw: operserv svskill (nick) (reason)
> then the user is still counted as connected.
> i hope this will help you a bitt in on the way to find out where to
> looking in the source.
>
> by the way a merry christmas and a BUG free 2002 ;))

I'm not Andrew, but I have some insight into this one. ;) '/operserv
raw' does one thing and one thing only, and that's send the rest of the
line to the server services is connected to. That might be why the help
for the raw command is phrased the way it is:

-OperServ- Sends a string of text directly to the server to which
-OperServ- Services is connected.  This command has a very limited
-OperServ- range of uses, and can wreak havoc on a network if used
-OperServ- improperly.  DO NOT USE THIS COMMAND unless you are
-OperServ- absolutely certain you know what you are doing!

:)

--
Bryan A. Clark
http://furless.sytes.net