[IRCServices] botserv

Daffy_Duc daffy at daffy.za.net
Tue Feb 5 21:55:01 PST 2002

>> > Well, unless their is a way in services to see privmsg destinated to
>> > channel without any services bot in that channel?
>> Isn't that spying users? :)
>
>hehe, not at all ;p
>
>I did a floodserv bot, and it need to be in a room to receive the
text/ctcp,
>so i was looking to solve that, :-)

UnrealIRCD (I'm running 3.2-Selene[beta6]) Allows you to set a client mode
+I and then join a channel.
No-one else on the channel sees the client join the channel, but the client
still recieves the channel messages - Essentially an invisible channel
member.

I'm doing exactely this because I use an IRC channel to handle user
complaints/support queries, etc for an ISP and I have a client sitting in
the channel logging everything for reference...

Hope this helps