AW: [IRCServices] ChanServ OP/DEOP/etc Suggestion

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Feb 14 00:22:01 PST 2002

> I think it would be a good idea to make the ChanServ OP,
> DEOP, etc. commands
> available to users in the Services Oper and Admin list for
> every channel.

These operators are free to add /alias'es to their scripts
which do these things. And the command would even become shorter.

> Users in these lists can allready use the OperServ MODE and
> KICK commands,
> why not give them the ability to do the same with ChanServ?

Because it is unnecessary.

> Another option is to give Services Operators/Admins
> acceslevel 100 or 1000
> on every channel.

WHY ? I, as a former services root, and network admin, would
never accept any operator of me to be able to use
access or akick commands other than LIST for channels.
Enabling your suggestion overrides any user privilege that
the founder and other users could have had in the channel.

> Using the latter they wouldn't have to do GETPASS first and
> then identify
> for the channel before they can change settings.

What kind of irc network do you chat in ?
How comes that your operators continously need to GETPASS and
use CS AKICK/ACCESS ? GETPASS is the last help to solve problems
in case a user claims of a stolen channel password.
It is never there that services admins begin acting like founders.

In our network e.g., the getpass command requires even root privileges.
AND NOONE has ever stated the need to CHANGE access or akick lists.

Sorry but this change is simply inacceptable for me.
Not even as a config option.

SCNR,
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de| in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |