[IRCServices] Feature Suggestion

Russell Garrett rg at tcslon.com
Thu May 30 16:39:00 PDT 2002

> CyberArmy IRC network uses a modified version of
> IRCservices with some features that I would like to see
> added into IRCservices...
> 1) The ChanServ JOIN option - this makes ChanServ join
> registered channels.
> 2) If the JOIN option is enabled, users have access to
> commands like !voice, !op, !halfop, etc.
> This would be a great add-on... =)
> Jeian

This is not included because having the services bots in a channel causes traffic for that channel to be processed by Services, and on a large network this causes unnacceptable load (this is why you don't see features like this on DALNet or other larger networks). I daresay someone will write a module to do this for Services v5, but until then you'll have to wait. Use a bot.

Russ Garrett
russ at garrett.co.uk