[IRCServices] Another Feature Suggestion

Guy Antony Halse guy at rucus.ru.ac.za
Fri May 31 12:06:00 PDT 2002

On Fri 2002-05-31 (10:44), Russell Garrett wrote:
> >Nkill: Nickname Kill
> >example: /msg operserv nakill guest*
> >will kill everyone with the nick guest. This would be useful for
> floodbots that use the same nicks.
>
> How many floodbots have you seen with similar nicks? Any decent
> self-respecting floodbot program selects random nicks.

I disagree with this.  A lot of the unwanted bots that I've seen have
patterns in their nicks.  I tend to Q-line the pattern as soon as I work out
what it is.  At the moment I have things like [HarD]*, *GuNBot, [ADLF]*,
al^jekr*, [AceBots]*, etc Q-lined in my ircd.conf.

The idea of being able to clean up with a regex or wildcard based kill is
somewhat appealing to me for this reason.

- Guy
--
Dept of Computer Science, Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa
Email: guy at mombe.org  Web: http://mombe.org/  IRC: rm-rf at irc.zanet.net
*** ANSI Standard Disclaimer ***                               J.A.P.H