[IRCServices] /chanserv/nickserv

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Mon Jun 24 05:01:00 PDT 2002

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 10:34:16PM -0400, Bob8436 at aol.com wrote:
> Hi,
>        I've gone through the mailing list archives and found only one topic
> on the use of /nickserv instead of /msg nickserv, etc.  All four replies to
> the article said that this was a problem in the ircd and not in the services
> package.  On my server, however, i ran Unreal 3.1.3 with the cygnus services
> package and could use those commands just fine.  When i switched to these irc
> services, however, those commands immediatly stopped working.  Between the
> switch i in no way modified the ircd itself.  I have experienced the same
> problem with both the latest stable version and the latest beta of these
> services.

Generally, in order for this to work your IRC servers must know the name of
the services server.  For example, when you do the NICKSERV command, the
IRCD expands it to:

:you PRIVMSG NickServ at services.mynetwork.net :...

Did you change the name of your Services server?

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: 77042C7B
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org