[IRCServices] Starting the service

Tux tux-- at softhome.net
Tue Jul 9 00:32:00 PDT 2002

EchelonIRCd was coded for my old IRC network, Darkerpower, then for MyIRC
(long story, involves backstabbing (not on the coder's behalf, I dont wanna
get into it) by PsyeX and Frostilicus). It was based on bahamut and features
user hostmasking, svswhois, svshost, etc. It's also really tailored for the
services we ran, VorteX, which are still closed src. (MySQL backend, buncha
other neeto stuff. Please don't mail me asking about them).

To make them compatable, the only thing you'll have to edit, iirc, is the
NICK syntax (echelon passes the masked host as well) and send a capab of
HMASKv2.

Hope this helps,
Tux