[IRCServices] Address Already in use!

Ekim Engin eengin at talesoft.de
Thu Aug 8 11:53:00 PDT 2002

Hello,

Unless others say 127.0.0.1 is not just for testing purposes. If both
services and ircd run on the same machine ist a legal way to connect
them.
Your problem seems to me like, if you defined LocalAddress with port
6667, this is not needed normally (unless you have a multi ip machine
and/or a limited portrange you may use to connect to extern adresses.)
But as it seems to me, you are conncting localhost, just comment the
LocalAddress directive out in your services.conf and be sure you defined
RmeoteServer directive directly...

Greets Ekim

| Talesin aka Ekim Engin | eengin at talesoft.de     |
|   TR-IRCd Coding Team  | http://www.tr-ircd.net |
|   < Chat begins as it ends - without reason >   |