[IRCServices] Feature Requests (CS: FREEZE and an INFO field)

Stefan Funke bundy at usage.de
Mon Aug 12 16:57:00 PDT 2002

On 2002-08-12 (08:37, -0500), derfy <derfy at derfy.net> wrote:

> I apologize if this has been brought up before; I did a search on
> 'suspend', 'freeze'(these turned up promising, but I didn't see any
> yes/no/maybe/RTFM/STFU/etc), and anything else I could think of.
>
> Currently, ChanServ has two 'punishment' settings: Suspend and Forbid.
> I would like to suggest a 'freeze' option.  Features follow:
>
> - It would have an optional time(IE: /chanserv freeze #chan <expiry>
> <reason>)
> - It would make the channel effectively unregistered in regard to the
> access list(except akicks); mlocks, topics would remain
>

> Also, another suggestion.  Establish an Info field, perhaps 255 chars,
> visible only to opers(plain +o clients) that Services admins(opers?)
> can put in a description of problems with the channel.  Example:
>
> - /chanserv set #chan operinfo Do *not* getpass/sendpass this channel
> without talking to me first!
> would result in:
>
> (08:32:59 am) -ChanServ- Information for channel #chan:
> (08:32:59 am) -ChanServ- OperInfo: Do *not* getpass/sendpass this
> channel without talking to me first! (derfy, 08/12/2002 0830 -0600<too
> much?>)
> ..etc..

Sounds like you want a bunch of DALnet features.

First of all Chanserv has a great "suspend" function including "expire"
and "reason" fields. I don't see a benefit in a (dal-services like)
"freeze"  option. However, I like the second suggestion to tag chans with
informations only available for opers. I'd like to see that in ircservices
some time.

--

 *** Scharping has quit (Connection reset by Schroeder)