[IRCServices] Is there a timeline in the future for supporting ircd2.9 or greater

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Tue Aug 20 15:21:00 PDT 2002

>> The WHY still remains the same, IETF-RFC should be the standard.
>
>Guess who wrote those RFCs? IRCnet. Guess who pays attention to
>them? no one.

     Oh, was the message referring to the new RFCs?  I don't consider them
"standards" documents, though I have to admit it's nice they took the time
to actually document their modifications, unlike most other implementors.
(For those who were unaware, RFC1459, the original IRC specification, is
classed as an "experimental" protocol, so using the word "standard" to
refer to it is incorrect, but I think it's beyond question that RFC1459 is
more "standard" than the implementation of the day.)

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/