[IRCServices] A Suggestion

John Edrington john at cosmicfire.net
Sun Sep 22 21:12:01 PDT 2002

Andrew,

For the past couple of days my network has had a lot of connections, all of
which use the same nickname. (Apartheid[<sequence of numbers>] are the
nicks). These are floodbots using my network as a place to sit, while
flooding other networks. I assume the person responsible is controling them
from my network. My first response was to sqline the nick, but that caused
problems. (Right now, im in the middle of akilling them, and I'm at 800
hosts and going)

With 800 bots connecting and getting a message that their nick is q-lined,
and that they must use a different nick and giving them time to change their
nick, it is filling up my file descriptors like crazy. By akilling them, (I
suppose a zline would be even better?) it has relieved most of that stress.

What I purpose is an extention of either sqline or, perhaps even beter,
killclones

sqline: Add a function that allows a person to not only qline the nicks, but
akill anyone currently using that nick..

or, perhaps better..

expand killclones to also kill/akill for a time specified according to
nick*/userinfo*, or perhaps even #chan (although this could be dangerous as
well. All of the clients were in #srn-0wn3d, but so where 2 opers).

If you have any questions, or if I could be any clearer, please let me know.

Submited for your review,
John