AW: [IRCServices] A Suggestion

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Sep 23 15:53:00 PDT 2002

Hello;

> With 800 bots connecting and getting a message that their
> nick is q-lined, and that they must use a different nick and
> giving them time to change their nick, it is filling up my
> file descriptors like crazy. By akilling them, (I suppose a
> zline would be even better?) it has relieved most of that stress.

Since an autokill, or kline will be seen by the user after the
connection has been established and they have already got
numerics 1 to 6, it wont solve the case you have.
A zline though would probably be more effective since the fd
is freed quicker. You also could tweak your ircd.conf and
set better I:Lines instead of a globally usable I:Line.

> sqline: Add a function that allows a person to not only qline
> the nicks, but akill anyone currently using that nick..

As stated before, autokill will not help you get back your fds
faster enough. Moreover, an sqline is not designed to get
combined with autokills, since it means a quarantine, not a
forbid. Even if Andrew might consider combining a kill feature
with sqline, I believe he will make this optional.

> expand killclones to also kill/akill for a time specified
> according to nick*/userinfo*, or perhaps even #chan (although
> this could be dangerous as well. All of the clients were in
> #srn-0wn3d, but so where 2 opers).

I think that its already in the todo list, a feature to autokill
all users in a channel. Should this be implemented, you only
need to tell your opers not to join such channels of which
all the users would be autokilled after an AKILL #chan command
for example :-)

Regards,
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts, |
| eMail - uhc0 at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de| in this line of work...    |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                            |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                            |