[IRCServices] Mode e & I'm stumped

Craig McLure frostycoolslug at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 21 15:28:01 PDT 2002

I appologise if this takes a while to hit the list.. none of my mail seems
to make it :/

This is most definantly an IRCd issue, and if u ask me, it is extremily
obviously an IRCd issue..

I dunno about anyone else, but i'm starting to get annoyed with the Spam
thats beginning to fill my mailbox, For example, Al Mellis' post about mode
resets.. if he took a second to read what he was setting in the config file,
he would have noticed..

    # CSSetChannelTime  [OPTIONAL]
    #     Protocols: bahamut, unreal
    #
    #     When enabled, causes Services to set the "creation time" (the
    #     time at which the first user joined the channel) of a registered
    #     channel to the time at which the channel was registered.  This
    #     can help prevent spurious mode changes and "op hacking" when a
    #     split server reconnects to the network.  However, due to
    #     limitations of the IRC server, the first user to join the channel
    #     when it is empty gets set -o and +o in quick succession; if this
    #     bothers you, do not enable this option.

    #CSSetChannelTime

If he *DIDNT* set up services, naybe he should talk to the services admin on
his network about it, before coming here..

Please people, do us a favour, look into your problems a bit more, and
before you do send the email, make sure that what your describing isnt an
IRCd problem, or isnt designed behaviour settable in the config.

cheers

--
Craig McLure
Craig at chatspike.net
Network Administrator of the ChatSpike IRC Network.
ChatSpike, the users network! www.chatspike.net